who are the Pahari people
The people living in the mountainous Region are called Pahari/Pahadi, the word Pahari is a Hindi word, used more frequently to denote people of Uttarakhand & Himachal Pradesh. they are the habitat of the Himalayan Mountains.
What makes Pahari people unique:
Back in the early days living in the Mountains wasn’t easy though, as it’s now, thanks to Government spending on Infrastrasturcture, Digitalisation, Roads connectivity.
Since Pahari people were Habitat in these Mountains of Himalayan, where they there was life harder as compared to Plains,
they have lived in Harsh Environment & have inculcated tons leaders Qualities, some of them as per my observation are:
- Pahari People live a Simple life & have Good Social Bonding
- in Mountainous region one must work in Group to achieve the Maximum, thus this dependent & trust on Each other leads to good Social Bonding
- Pahari People are Naturally more Stronger & HardWorking
- Naturally, Mountains have low Gas density & that’s the reason, at high altitude there’s low Oxygen quantity.
- Pahari people are habitant of these places for generations their lungs are now developed to extract maximum out of limited, this is also the Reason that Pahari people do wonders in Sports Fields & in various other Physical Activities fields requiring Stamina.
- Pahari People have Warrior’s heart & Didn’t easily give up
- living in the Mountains of Himalaya a Pahari life isn’t easy, where just at the dawn there is a threat of Leopard & Bears; where just for fun, people cross Miles in the Mountains every day with friends.
- Swimming in icy cold Ganga water.
- all these kind of activities can be done only in the Mountains, & it eventually builts Patience, perseverance & Strong Personality person.
- Pahari People are rich in culture & customs
- it’s seen throughout the world that whenever Any human Civilisation have significantly increased their Agriculture output, their Community indulge in other Creative Art forms like – Dance & Music, Paintings the beauty of Uttarakhand culture can be easily depicted in its folk songs & folk Dances.
- some Famous Uttarakhand Folk Songs are: Chhopati Song, Jaggar Song, Laman Song, Pooja Song
- some Famous Uttarakhand Folk Dances are: Choliya Dance, Jagar Dance, Pandava Dance, Chaufula Dance, Chanchari Dance
- Pahari People have very less Caste Orthodox and less Complex than the traditional four-fold
The result of these Qualities are that Pahari people are Dominating in their respective fields ,
some of the Famous Pahari Personality are:
- Ajit Dobval
- Born: 20 January 1945 (age 76 years), Pauri Garhwal
- Ajit Kumar Doval, current National Security Advisor to the Prime Minister of India.
- CDS Bipin Rawat
- Born: 16 March 1958 (age 63 years), Pauri Garhwal
- General Bipin Rawat is a four-star general of the Indian Army. He is the first and current Chief of Defence Staff of India.
- Actor & Actress from Uttarakhand:
- there is a huge list of Actor & Actoress in Bollywood some of them are: Himani Shivpuri, Urvashi Rautela, Tom Alter, Raghav Juyal, Hemant Pandey …. & the list goes on.
- Singer from Uttarakhand:
- some of the finest artists whose Root is from Uttarakhand are Narendra Singh Negi, Neha Kakkar, Sonu Kakkar, Meena Rana, Basanti Bisht, Madhuri Barthwal.
- Sportsman from Uttarakhand
- Manish Singh Rawat, Nitendra Singh Rawat, Angad Bisth (one of India’s Best MMA fighter)
- Sports Women from Uttarakhand
- Bachendri Pal, Sneh Rana, Vandana Katariya